Thursday, July 24, 2025

Transplanting Lilies


These stargazer lilies are growing right now.


 I am moving my front yard lilies to the beds under the front windows.  The are tall and would look best there. I am planing the elephant ears every year under the living room south window. Maybe I  will put the Canna there too!  If there is enough sun light.



Directions for Transplanting Lilies

  1. Choose the Right Time:

    • Fall: After the summer foliage has died back.
    • Early Spring: Wait until after the last frost but before it gets too warm.
  2. Why This Timing?

    • Lilies are dormant during these times, reducing stress during transplanting.
  3. Transplanting Steps:

    • Carefully dig up the bulbs.
    • If overcrowded, gently separate them.
    • Replant at the same depth they were originally growing.
    • Water them well after transplanting.
  4. Avoid Transplanting During Bloom:

    • Moving blooming lilies may cause transplant shock and affect next year's blooms. Transplant lilies when the foliage is turning yellow and brown.