Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Onerous October

Okay, it isn't that bad. The excitement levels are just excessive. Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween... it is constantly on all our minds. Joel wants a Halloween party to which I am to invite all his friends as well as every kids he has ever met. He wants me to start asking for phone numbers when I meet mom's with kids at the park. I think that he will need to hire a personal assistant because I can't keep up with making him appointments to see all of his friends....


Anyway, Joel has moved on from Spiderman to Batman to THE HULK. He is still going to be Batman for Halloween because we already bought the consume dognabit. Last Friday when Aaron was working we happened on a yard sale that was selling superhero costumes for $1.00 We could not resist so now I have a bargaining chip, a bribe, and a blackmailing tool... HA HA HA HA!!

To up the ante, Joel has been perusing magazines and coming up with ideas for the kinds of foods and games he wants at his Halloween party. I am going to make jello with jelly worms in them. I am not going to make a cake of an alligator with captain hook standing in his mouth. Joel told me he wants no moms at his party - just kids... I can see us heading for disappointment.

He has made the invitations now I just have to provide the words... Joel certainly has enthusiasm for life! Then again, so do I! That is why I want MY friends at the party too!