Saturday, July 05, 2025

July 5

 


As I step into my garden, I'm immediately embraced by the peaceful atmosphere of my own private retreat. From where I sit in one of the three black metal chairs on my brick patio, I can take in the full splendor of the space I've lovingly created. The gentle rustling of leaves from the mature trees above provides a natural canopy, casting dancing shadows across my favorite reading spot. To my delight, birds call to each other from the branches – chickadees whistle their cheerful songs, cardinals announce their presence with bright chirps, and occasionally a melodious robin adds its voice to nature's chorus. I've positioned my potted plants strategically around the seating area, their vibrant blooms and lush foliage bringing life and color to every corner of my outdoor sanctuary.

Following the stepping stone path I laid myself, I often wander through my garden, enjoying how the stones guide me past an array of carefully tended plants and flowers that I've collected over the years. The hanging plants I've nurtured sway gently in the breeze, and I smile every time I see the garden hose lying ready for my daily watering routine. The morning songbirds provide a delightful soundtrack, their sweet melodies adding another layer of enchantment to this space. This garden is more than just an outdoor area to me; it's a living, breathing extension of my home where I can find peace, inspiration, and joy in the natural world I've helped create.